Monday, January 24, 2011

Snowy Start

This spring semester began with freezing temperatures, lots of snow, and thick layers of slippery ice. As a result, the start of the semester was pushed back by nearly a week for some. I was one of those people. I was quite excited for it to snow but I don't think I was prepared for the entire city to shut down the way that it did. No one was traveling anywhere because it just wasn't safe. I found myself wishing that I would have purchased my textbooks in advance to get off to a good start while I was trapped inside of my apartment. I had a serious case of cabin fever by the time the ice had melted enough to safely leave the apartment. I literally sat inside doing nothing for days. I was anxious to go to school just to have some human interaction. Luckily, all of my professors were understanding and hadn't required that any assignments be completed for the first class. Others weren't so lucky. Its not so often that the weather shuts down the entire city for so long. Has the weather ever held you hostage for days at a time?

No comments:

Post a Comment